‘Food, like a loving touch or a glimpse of divine power,
has that ability to comfort.’
Looking for a fancy, comfy, yet easy to prepare breakfast recipe? Well, here you are. The main ingredients are whole foods: oats, buckwheat, and banana. If you’re tired of a simple oatmeal breakfast, but still want to stick to those ingredients, then this recipe is for you! Of course, you can also enjoy it for lunch, dinner, as a dessert or as a snack.
You can vary the ingredients, especially the toppings and use whatever floats your boat. Get all the ingredients, take a little time, and get ready for a symphony of all your senses! 🙂
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 100 g oats
- 60 g buckwheat (or buckwheat flour)
- 300 ml plant-based milk (e.g. oat milk, almond milk)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- pinch salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp. cinnamon or cacao powder
- coconut oil (for baking)
- toppings: berries, banana, blackstrap molasses/maple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener), nuts, seeds, …
- Put the oats and buckwheat into a blender and ground into flour.
- Add the milk, banana, baking powder, apple cider vinegar, salt (and optional cinnamon/cacao powder). Blend all up to a thick batter.
- Put the coconut oil in a pan and put it on medium heat. Pour your batter in smallish servings into the pan (around ¼ cup per pancake). Cook them about 2 minutes (until golden brown) on each side. Hint: It’s time to flip when bubbles form on the surface.
- Stack the pancakes and serve with sliced fruits and syrup.
Get creative, because you’re eating with your eyes as well.
Dig in and enjoy the feast with all your senses!