“Humor keeps us alive. Humor and food.
Don’t forget food.
You can go a week without laughing.”
What I love about oats? A lot. You can even call them a “superfood” that turns any meal of the day into a treat for your taste buds.
- easy to prepare, and
- super delicious.
You can use this basic and super simple recipe to become creative: You soak the oats together with some seeds in any type of plant based milk (or even water), if desired sweeten them with your preferred type of sweetener, and top your bowl with whatever floats your boat. Oats have a highly presentable nutrient content: they’re rich in protein (13 g/100 g), unsaturated fatty acids, potassium (382 mg/100 g), magnesium (121 mg/100 g), iron (4.4 mg/100 g), and zinc (3.6 mg/100 g) – to name just a few micronutrients.
Get your ingredients, take some time, and enjoy one of my most favorite meals of the day! 🙂
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1,5-2 cups oats
- 300 ml plant based milk (e.g. oat milk, almond milk)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds or chia seeds
- 4-6 dates
- toppings: 2 ripe bananas, handful berries, nuts and/or seeds (e.g. hemp seeds), 4 tbsp. coconut yoghurt
- In the evening:
- Pit and cut the dates into small pieces.
- Put the oats, flax (or chia) seeds, dates, plant milk together in a jar and stir well.
- Put a lid on the jar and put it in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning:
- Top oats with all your favorite toppings (I used 1 sliced banana, some blueberries, hemp seeds, 1 brazil nut and coconut yogurt).
So simple. So versatile. So delicious.
Enjoy your bowl of goodness!