“Being healthy isn’t a goal.
It’s a way of living.”
Almond milk is my absolute favorite plant based milk alternative: creamy texture, nutty flavor, nutritious, and very versatile in use. You also prepare your milk in an eco-friendly way and save money.
Almonds are a great source of plant protein and contain loads of micronutrients, such as
- Vitamin E (26 mg/100 g),
- potassium (676 mg/100 g),
- iron (3,1 mg/100 g),
- zinc (3,2 mg/100 g),
- as well as phytochemicals, e.g. antioxidants.
Thus, almonds nourish the body in many ways: support in building strength (muscle and bones), act as a blood tonic and protect cells from free radicals.
If you prepare your home-made plant milk, make sure to use it within 3 days and always shake it well as it tends to separate.
Have you already tried my Ayurvedic almond milk shake?
Ingredients (1 liter)
- ¾ cup almonds
- 4 cups water
- pinch salt
- optional: 2 dates
- (flavored almond milk: 2 tbsp cocoa powder or 1 tsp vanilla powder or ½ cup berries)
- Soak the almonds overnight.
- Firmly rinse the almonds and put them together with the other ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Strain the liquid using a nut milk bag (or thin dish towel) and squeeze until all the liquid is extracted. Discard pulp- you can save it (e.g. as an addition to baked goods, crackers, smoothies, muesli, etc.).
- Transfer milk into a jar/glass bottle and put it in the refrigerator (for 3 days max.).
Shake it well before drinking and ENJOY!