Prana – Life force energy. In Sanskrit and yogic terms prana refers to energy, life, or breath. It refers to the universal sea of energy that infuses and vitalizes all matter, therefore, the energy that has created the planet and all living beings including yourself. According to the eight limbs of Ashtanga Yoga, pranayama (the 4th limb) refers to “expansion of life force energy” by the use of specific breathing techniques.
“One who has abundant prana
radiates vitality and strength.”
Right now, I won’t teach you any type of breathing, but I’d love to share with you one of my most favorite and super easy to prepare “treats”: my nutritious, coconut and chocolate inspired bliss balls – the perfect snack for everyone and literally any situation.
Want some nutrition facts?
- Walnuts and chia seeds are a perfect source of the essential omega-3-fatty acids.
- Sesame seeds are super high in calcium.
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc, sunflower seeds provide you vitamin E.
- Dates and raisins add the sweetness in form of whole foods as they include some minerals, e.g. potassium and iron.
- Cacao is loaded with iron, magnesium and healthful phytochemicals.
One last note: Make sure to store your prana balls in an airtight container in the fridge.
Ingredients (10-12 balls)
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1,5 cups dates
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- coating: 1-2 tbsp shredded coconut, cacao powder, ground nuts, etc.
- Soak walnuts, dates and raisins for 1 hour in water (except from Medjool dates).
- Roast sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a pan.
- Drain and rinse walnuts, dates and raisins. Put them together with the other ingredients into a blender (or food processor).
- Blend until it forms into a smooth, sticky dough.
- Scoop some of the mixture with a tablespoon and form a small ball with lightly wet hands. Roll the balls into some cacao powder, coconut shreds, grounded nuts or whatever floats your boat.
- Refrigerate the balls for at least 30 min before serving.
Infuse your body with prana – Enjoy!