Health is wealth, right? During the current pandemic, we’re more than ever reminded of how precious our bodies actually are. Wherever you stand health-wise, this recipe will instantly give you a strong immune boost!
“A healthy outside starts from the inside.”
Let’s have a closer look at the health effects of the chosen ingredients:
- Citrus fruits are jam-packed with vitamin C as well as many other immunboosting ingredients, the so-called phytochemicals. Oranges are also rich in b-vitamins and potassium.
- Ginger is one of the most popular immune boosting superfoods. It supports digestion, acts as an antioxidant, anticarcinogen, anti-inflammatory, and even helps with nausea (Bodagh et al., 2019).
- Turmeric is a strong anti-inflammatory (Prasad and Aggarwal, 2011)! By the way, black pepper enhances the absorption of curcumin by multiple times. Curcumin is the bright yellow chemical in turmeric that is known for its numerous health benefits.
- If you’re up to the addition of raw garlic, you’ll profit from its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Using raw garlic regularly may prevent you from getting a cold (Lissiman et al., 2015).
Are you ready for a speedy immune booster? I definitely am! 🙂
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1 orange (juice)
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1-2 inches ginger (fresh)
- 1 inch turmeric (fresh)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- optional: 1 small clove of garlic
- Peel the orange and lemon. Wash and cut the ginger and turmeric roots in smaller pieces. Peel the garlic.
- If you have a juicer, start juicing the garlic, ginger & turmeric roots, followed by the orange and lemon to wash everything down. Add pinch of black better to the juice.
- Otherwise put everything into a blender, blend it well, and strain the liquid through a nutmilk bag. Serve!
Ready for this immune trip? – Cheers!