“Get your greens in!” – You’ve heard it a million times, right? It’s often easier said than done. Smoothies are THE best way – hands down – to provide your body with all the greens it needs without chewing for hours.
I recommend putting green leafy vegetables in your smoothie and keeping the fruit content rather low. What’s also helpful is to sip on your smoothie slowly and consciously or you can even spoon it like a smoothie bowl. That’s so important because a smoothie is not a liquid to gulp, but a meal jam-packed with nutrients.
“The subtle energies of your food
become your mind.”
Green leafy vegetables are an essential part in any type of diet as they support your health and wellbeing in numerous ways:
- great protein (amino acid) source
- support gut health (rich in fiber, feed microbiome)
- support bone health (rich in calcium, magnesium, and vitamin K)
- improve inflammatory response (rich in antioxidants and polyphenols)
- support immune system (rich in antioxidants and vitamin C)
- support healthy pregnancy (rich in folate)
- support your body in detoxification (rich in minerals and trace minerals)
Ingredients (2 servings)
Smoothie #1 – Tropical detox smoothie
- 2 handful baby spinach (fresh)
- 2 tbsp cilantro (fresh)
- ½ pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1 mango (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp spirulina powder
- 150 ml water
Smoothie #2 – Healthy gains
- 2 handful kale (fresh)
- 2 tbsp parsley (fresh)
- 1 cup wild blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp chlorella powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 200 ml water
- Wash greens. Peel, cut or wash fruits.
- Put all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and serve.
There’s no better way to enjoy your greens, right?