Raw food is boring, tasteless, and complicated in preparation? – Well, this recipe will show you the exact opposite!
If you’re a falafel lover like myself and you want to skip the traditional deep-fried chickpea version, you will love this raw vegan falafel recipe. It is grain-, gluten-, and oil-free, goes perfectly well with a salad, along with a delicious dipping sauce, tahini or just as a snack to go.
“Because we are what we eat,
we can literally transform our bodies and minds
by choosing an inspiring diet.”
It is simple to prepare, you could even enjoy it without dehydrating the patties. If you don’t have a dehydrator, use your oven and put it on the lowest heat (around 50 °C/122 °F). You can store the dehydrated falafel in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Also, you can freeze them to keep your falafel even longer.
Are you ready for a transformative falafel experience? –
I’m already drooling! Let’s get into it!
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 4-6 carrots
- 3 tbsp flax seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 4 sundried tomatoes (soaked)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 tsp oregano (dried)
- 1 pinch pepper, cumin, turmeric, garlic (powder)
- optional: pinch of salt (to taste)
- Grind the sesame seeds with the garlic powder in a blender or food processor until well ground. Put in a bowl and put aside.
- Wash and chop carrots roughly, put them into the blender (or food processor). Add minced garlic, flax seeds, sundried tomatoes (soak for 30-60 min. beforehand), lemon juice, parsley and spices. Blend until the mixture is relatively smooth.
- Shape the “dough” into small patties, and roll them in the ground sesame seeds.
- Dehydrate at 115 °F (45 °C) for 4-5 in the dehydrator. Flip the falafel and dehydrate for 2 more hours.
Enjoy the smooth, warm, and nourishing falafel – raw vegan style!