Namasté, beautiful soul!
Do you also have a sweet tooth? Are you looking for something a little more dense than fresh fruit? Or do you want to bring a raw vegan and healthy treat for a birthday party? – I guess this recipe is exactly what you’re looking for!
Even though I personally enjoy the simplicity of fruits and salads on a daily basis, I love having something more fancy and dense every now and then – and I love sharing sweets like this with friends and family!
“Life is sweet.”
As always, you can change up some of the ingredients according to your preferences: instead of Medjool dates, you can use other dates or dried fruits, you can choose between cacao or carob powder, and use different nuts for your chocolate base. Make this your own recipe and find out what your creation tastes like. 🙂
Now, let’s get started and meet me in the kitchen!
Ingredients (8-10 squares)
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (or carob powder)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 tbsp walnuts (soaked)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 Medjool dates
- handful cacao nibs
- For the chocolate base, soak the walnuts (at least 30 min), crush them and put all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth, but still a little bit crunchy.
- Put the base into a cake tin or any other container.
- For the cherry icing, put all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Spread the fruit icing onto the chocolate base. If you want, you can top it with some more cacao nibs.
- Put it into the freezer for at least 1 hour. Take it out, let it thaw for a few minutes, cut into squares and enjoy.
A sweet treat based on whole raw foods, yum!