“Life is too short not to eat raw,
and it’s even shorter if you don’t.”
It is literally my all-time favorite meal for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. Made out of fresh, raw, whole food ingredients, it’s very versatile, super pretty, and absolutely delish: smoothie bowls.
You can become an artist by creating your smoothie bowl. Here are some of my good-to-know insider tips:
- Mix leafy greens with fresh and frozen fruits to get the most out of nutrition.
- It’s best to switch your greens on a regular basis as some contain mineral inhibitors (e.g. spinach, chard), and each of them provide a different spectrum of nutrients.
- Prefer seasonal and local fruits and veggies.
- Add in some super foods to boost nutritional quality (e.g. spirulina, chlorella, maca).
- When plant based milk used, prep it either by yourself or buy calcium fortified products.
- If you don’t have a high performance blender, use a hand blender: Let the frozen bananas thaw or use fresh ones, but less liquids to make a puree.
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 handful greens (e.g. spinach, kale, chard, lettuce, etc)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups fresh seasonal fruits (e.g. peaches, mango, berries, etc)
- splash of water or plant-based milk
- optional: 1 tsp superfood powder (e. g. spirulina, chlorella, maca, cacao)
- toppings: fresh fruit, chia/hemp/flax seeds, shredded coconut, cacao nibs, goji berries, nuts, etc
- Put the greens, frozen bananas, fresh fruits, liquid, and superfood powder into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
Advice: If the smoothie is too liquid, add more frozen banana. If it’s too solid, add more liquid.
- Pour into a bowl and decorate your smoothie with a variety of toppings. Serve immediately.
Heaven on earth!
Enjoy your raw, healthy fruit feast!