“All you need is love.
But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”
(Charles M. Schulz)
Imagine the following experience in your mouth: a soft, gooey texture, rich in flavor, super indulgent, and so chocolatey. Honestly? These brownies have been the most decadent and blissfully tasting dessert I’ve ever prepared in my entire life. Do you also have a sweet tooth like myself? Then this recipe is exactly what you’re looking for.
The sweet potatoes add an extra depth of moisture and keep the brownies fudgy so no oil is required. The sweetness comes from dates and (if desired) a touch of maple syrup. I used my most favorite ones: the extra gooey large Medjool dates. You can add any other type of dates, but soak them for at least 30 min. to become softer (not required with Medjool dates as they already are very soft).
Are you drooling already? – Well, I definitely am!
Let’s get into the kitchen.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 8-10 medjool dates (pitted)
- 100 g almond flour (ground almonds)
- 100 g oat flour
- 2 tbsp almond butter (or any nut butter of preference)
- 6 tbsp cacao powder
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup (for extra sweetness)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 ml plant based milk (e. g. almond milk)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp plant based milk
- optional: 1 tbsp almond butter (or any nut butter of preference)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into small cubes, steam or boil them in water for 20-25 minutes (depending on size) until very soft.
- Grind the oats into a flour in a blender (or food processor).
- Drain cooked sweet potatoes (when really soft), put into blender (or food processor). Pit dates and put them into the blender as well and blend until smooth. Add remaining “Brownies” ingredients and blend again until smooth.
- Prepare baking sheet in a flat, medium sized baking tray. Put the mixture into the tray and put it into the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate icing: Melt coconut oil in a pan and add other ingredients. Stir well until it becomes a smooth sauce. Put it into the fridge for a few minutes so it’s not too runny.
- Pierce brownie with a fork and bring it out clean.
- Let the brownie mass cool down, pour chocolate sauce on top, and cut in squares, so they’re ready to serve.
Ready for an orgasmic experience in your mouth?
Indulge in this treat! 🙂