You crave some fresh, light, yet nourishing vibes in your body? – I feel you! So, here’s a beautiful recipe that will nurture you on a cellular level …
Get some tropical vibes on your plate. These summer rolls are the perfect way to nourish your body while feeling light and satiated. It’s a fantastic way to get heaps of fresh, colorful foods into your system.
“Each life changing food has a special set
of healing characteristics.”
You can basically fill your rice paper rolls with any type of vegetable or even fruit – whatever floats your boat. I love combining different colors of my veggies. That does not only appeal to your eyes, but it also provides you with a symphony of different nutrients and phytochemicals.
Without further ado, let’s get ready for this fresh, beautiful, colorful meal! 🙂
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 10 rice paper rolls
- 1 small mango
- ½ cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 10 small lettuce leaves (romaine)
- sprouts (e.g. alfalfa)
- ¼ head of red cabbage
- optional: 1 bunch of fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 2-3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 5 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- about 3-4 tbsp water
- optional: 1 tsp maple syrup
- For the summer rolls, wash and chop all the veggies and fruit into thin strips.
- Fill a big plate or bowl with warm water. Soak one rice paper a time in the water until it’s pliable, then place it flat on a board, and fill the paper with all your ingredients: start with the lettuce leaf on the bottom third of the rice paper, and place the other ingredients inside the lettuce.
- Pull the bottom of the paper gently and roll it up tightly, as you hold the filling with your fingers. Fold sides of the paper in and over the filling. Continue to roll up tightly until the whole wrapper is rolled up.
- Continue filling all your other rice papers likewise.
- For the tahini dip, either bring all your ingredients in a blender and blend well. Otherwise crush the garlic clove and combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add as much water as needed for your desired consistency.
- Toast sesame seeds in a pan.
- Serve summer rolls with tahini dip, and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top.
So fresh, so nourishing, so yummy! Enjoy!