Golden Milk – This luxurious hot drink has its roots in the traditional Indian healing system of Ayurveda. The main ingredients are milk and ground turmeric. Traditionally, the beverage is sweetened with honey. However, you can easily make a nutritious vegan drink out of it.
“Ayurveda is the mysterious box of medical science.”
Adding a few more Ayurvedic spices, such as cinnamon, cardamom and ginger, makes it even more comforting, delicious, and nutritious! Add a pinch of black pepper in order to enhance the bioavailability of curcumin – the potent anti-inflammatory substance in turmeric.
It is the perfect drink for cold and rainy days as the ingredients boost your immunity and comfort your throat with its nice warmth. Yum!
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 2 cups almond milk (or plant milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp turmeric (ground)
- ½ tsp cinnamon (ground)
- ¼ tsp cardamon (ground)
- ¼ tsp ginger (ground)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Add all ingredients to a small pan.
- Whisk to combine over medium heat. Let the milk become hot without boiling it, whisking frequently.
- Give it a taste and adjust flavor, if needed. Froth up the drink if desired.
- Serve immediately in two cups and enjoy!
Comfort your body and soul with this healthy concoction!